Sunday, April 18, 2021

Toxic

 Last night, I watched "Promising Young Woman" on Amazon to continue my viewing of the Best Picture nominees for this year's Oscars.

  • I was pissed off at the men in the club within the first 5 minutes.  Actually, maybe within 3.  I'm glad the evening turned out to be different from what I was afraid I'd see.
  • There were a LOT of hash marks in that notebook!  I guess going out every night for 7 years does that.
  • Carey Mulligan is sooo good in this.  Quite deserving of her Oscar nomination.
  • Dude, what was up with her parents' house?  The old-fashioned phone made me think I was watching something from the 1950s, but then they were talking about using cell phones, so I knew that was wrong.  Then they showed that fancy living room and I giggled that Cassie still lived there.
  • "How many children have you killed?"
  • I was kind of upset at Nina's mom.  Why didn't she tell her to get (psychological) help?  Telling someone to just move on is really not that helpful.  I understand she was grieving, too, but, I still didn't like it.
  • Loved the scene with Alfred Molina.
  • Let me get this straight.  The guys know that women do this fake drunk thing because it happened to their friend, and they still try to take advantage of a drunk woman?  Idiots.
  • "Why do you guys have to ruin everything?!"  
  • Wait.  Paris Hilton had a song?
  • "I'm getting you a bike!"
  • OMG, I was sooo upset when I heard her boyfriend's voice on that recording.
  • I really liked the scene of her in the dean's office, just chewing on her gum as she talked about the daughter.
  • I liked that rendition of "Toxic" while she is approaching the bachelor party.
  • I loved the multi-color wig!  If it didn't remind me of her, I'd want one for fun.
  • "Can you guess what every woman's worst nightmare is?"
  • "Enjoy the wedding!"

No comments:

Post a Comment