Saturday, April 10, 2021

Losing All His Leaves

 Last night, I watched "The Father" on Amazon Prime to continue my Best Picture nomination viewing.

  • It did not take a long time for me to be confused.  Maybe 10 minutes.
  • It did take me a long time to not be confused.  Maybe a few minutes before the credits began.
  • I did realize that we were watching this from his point of view, but I was still confused about the different people with the same / different names.
  • It also took me a little bit to get Hannibal Lechter out of my head.  It's not my fault that Anthony Hopkins is so good that he makes his characters unforgettable!
  • I still can't figure out who it was that hit him.  Was it Bill?  He never met Paul, right?
  • Why would she say that she never said anything about Paris?  This is what confused me the most, I think.
  • "They don't even speak English there."
  • I was done with the opera music before I got confused.
  • I wanted him to be with his mommy, too.  So heartbreaking.
My dad's watching the film in the other room as I write this.  I wonder what kind of questions he'll have for me tomorrow.  I did warn him that I was confused, so at least he was prepared.  I probably won't even be able to answer him!  Oh, well.

2 comments:

  1. I want to know how many chickens were actually bought and eaten.

    I didn't think he was actually hit by anyone, that it was something he was misinterpreting or something. But that might just be that I can't fathom that anyone would think hitting him in that circumstance was justified in any way.

    I always thought a good Anthony Hopkins double feature would be Silence of the Lambs and Howards End, but I'm not sure in which order.

    I really want to know what your dad thinks of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to see "Howards End".

    My dad liked the movie, and he didn't seem confused by all of it like I was. But when I asked him who hit Hopkins, he couldn't really answer me. He also said that he hopes he never gets that way, but that dementia doesn't run in the family, so he'll be OK. I told him, "I hope not, because you won't believe me!"

    ReplyDelete