Friday, January 1, 2021

Which Way Did He Go?

Bear with me y'all.  I have tons of stuff I haven't written about because I've had a special type of writer's block: the type where I don't know if I should write my thoughts on new movies because then I get all sad that I didn't get to see them in the theater, so I just pretend they didn't happen.  Ah, but it's a new year, and we're still going to be staying home for a while longer, so I'll catch up on some of the ones I can remember that I saw this year from the comfort of my home and not-so-big screen.

First up:  "The Invisible Man"

  • I liked the modern method of how he would become invisible.
  • I also thought it was interesting how he gaslighted her so that nobody would believe her.
  • I've been a fan of Elisabeth Moss since she starred in "Mad Men", and I do like the way she portrayed Cecilia.
  • I don't know how anyone lives in that type of house with the minimalist furniture and all of the space.  It seemed so cold and not homey at all.  It reminded me of "Sleeping With The Enemy", and I could tell right away that she wanted to escape, even if they hadn't shown all of the physical signs.
  • Whoa.  That dinner scene in the restaurant.  I think I stopped breathing for a few seconds.
  • I think I want to read the HG Wells book of the original story.
  • I forgot when I sat down to watch this movie that I was supposed to watch it in the daytime, because otherwise I get more scared.  Next time I see it, I'll watch it that way.
  • Yes, I think I'll see this one again! 

Or...not see it?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment