Friday, January 1, 2021

Dance With Me

 My sister-in-law was very excited when "The Prom" became available on Netflix.  She had been kind of stalking them once they started filming across the street from their house.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it until I saw the trailer and the cast, and subsequently watched it during opening weekend.

  • Oh, Meryl.  I'm a fan.  Not a scary-stabby fan, though.
  • Loved Nicole Kidman's solo performance, although I don't know how anyone could take one look at her and not make her more than a chorus girl.
  • I really liked the premise and story of this show.  It speaks to what people are going through when trying to be accepted for being who they are, especially when they live in less diverse communities.
  • I thought the songs were fun, and am looking forward to receiving the CD that I ordered.  Yes, I still order CDs.  Don't judge me.
  • "We're cultural disrupters."
  • I think "promposals" are ridiculous, in real life and on screen.  
  • Saw my brother's garage!  Somebody on imdb said that the houses were clearly in California, and not Indiana.  OK, then, smartypants.
I'm looking forward to when this show starts touring, and I hope to see it on stage someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment