Friday, January 1, 2021

Honor To Us All

When the live action version of Disney's "Mulan" first became available on Disney+, I opted out of purchasing the download, and decided to patiently wait for it to be released to everyone with the subscription.  I watched it during the first week of December.  
  • Loved the logo and the accompanying music!
  • I knew from the trailers that this film would be very different from the animated one, which I really enjoy.  I'm happy to report that the differences did not take away my enjoyment of this film.
  • I did miss Little Brother, though, even though Mulan has a sister in this one.  I guess that's better than a dog that just runs around and messes up stuff.
  • Cri-Kee in human form!
  • I like that they incorporated some of the music from the animated film into the score, but I did miss hearing Donny Osmond and Lea Salonga singing.  The pop versions played at the end do nothing for me.
  • I was wondering how they were going to handle all of the guys in the army sleeping in the same room as her, and thought her solution was perfect!  I would have needed to take a shower every day, though, especially with all of that crazy physical training.  I'm glad they addressed that, too.
  • I liked the character of Xiannang, although she puzzled me at first.  
  • I had a crush on Honghui, especially when they all took off their shirts.  :)
  • I really liked the battle scene when she returns, and I'm glad they still included the avalanche, which, I guess, must have been part of the actual legend.
I think that I enjoyed this film because they didn't try to do the animated one, but with live action / CGI, as they've done with the other remakes.  It was different enough...but I still miss the songs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment