Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Girls

I finally had time to see "Little Women" on Sunday.  I've never read the book, so everything was new to me.  

By the way, I took the March Sisters quiz.  Here's my result:

YOU GOT: AMY MARCH
You are confident and strong willed. You have had a remarkable transition from adolescence to adulthood. You seek out what you want and believe in yourself. You are a talented artist who has matured in the best version of yourself. #AmyMarch


  • Timothee Chalamet, I can't quit you.  Perhaps this is why I'm Amy.
  • "I won't do it, not when I've spent my entire life loving you."
  • I'm trying to get used to the fact that Emma Watson is now an adult and can portray a mother, because I still think of her as Hermione Granger.
  • Jo being heartbroken over Laurie marrying Amy is one of the reasons I never had a sister.  OK, it was more because I didn't want to share my clothes, but I also didn't want to share anything else, especially guys.
  • "Now I can be angry with him in person."
  • I liked Amy's spirit, except for when she burned Jo's work.  I am looking forward to seeing Florence Pugh in "Black Widow".
  •  "You will care for somebody, and you'll love him tremendously, and live and die for him. I know you will, it's your way, and you will and I'll watch."  Aw, that killed me.
  • "I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."
  • "Do what Marmee told us to do.  Do it for someone else."
  • "I'd rather be a free spinster and paddle my own canoe." 
  • I loved the scene wherein Jo is watching her book being printed.
I really enjoyed this movie.  Maybe one day, I'll actually read the book.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the time jumping was a little weird and confusing, but otherwise, I loved it.

    If you ever get a chance to see Fighting with my Family, I would definitely recommend it. That's what I first saw Florence Pugh in, and she's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete