Sunday, February 23, 2020

I Thought We Should Talk

I wasn't able to see "Marriage Story" in the theater (remind me never to try to park near the Los Feliz theater in the evenings), so I watched it on Netflix at my friend Linda's house prior to the Oscars.  She didn't want to sit through 3 hours of "The Irishman" again, so I didn't bother to ask.  I'll watch that eventually, though.


  • So, Kylo Ren and Black Widow are getting a divorce...
  • I really liked those "What I Love About..." letters.  That's one of the tools I would have used if I had continued to pursue my counseling career.
  • I like that they both loved each other's competitiveness.
  • I loved Laura Dern's role in this movie.  Laura Dern, Laura Dern, Laura Dern!!!
  • I also loved how the film portrayed both characters with faults, and not just one being the villain (more Ben Solo than Kylo Ren, then).
  • Both ScarJo and Driver were outstanding in their roles.  
  • Baumbach's writing is incredible in this film, and I'm really glad he won Best Screenplay at the Spirit Awards.
  • I thought it was hilarious when Cassie was trying to get her part right when serving the divorce papers.
  • "It's all garnish, vegeterianism."
  • Me:  "You need to go to a hospital!"  That observer woman couldn't even dial 911?!
  • Loved all of the Hallowe'en costumes.  Must be nice to know costume designers that will make stuff for you.
  • Aw, he didn't know where to bring the kid trick or treating.
  • "You *were* happy. You've just decided that you weren't now."
  • "I didn't even know what my taste was because I was never asked to use it."
  • “And I’ll never stop loving him, even though it doesn’t make sense anymore.”
  • Dude, Kylo Ren can sing!  Honestly, he did a great job, and I'd love to see Adam Driver in a musical, because he knows how to act and sing at the same time, instead of just singing whatever.  I really liked his rendition of "Being Alive"

I cried a lot, I laughed a lot; I really enjoyed this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment