Sunday, February 9, 2020

Orders from the General

I took Tuesday off due to a couple of personal appointments, and I had a few hours between them, so I was able to watch "1917" in Dolby.  I thought I was going to have the whole row to myself, but then other people arrived, and I wondered why they weren't at work.  I guess they could have wondered the same about me, huh?  Anyway, I'm glad that they didn't sit in the seats next to me, because there were a lot of empty seats in the theater.


  • When they were in the trenches, I thought, "Wonder Woman is there!"  She wasn't, though.
  • Aw, poor war horses.
  • Wait.  Who milked the cow?
  • He sure had to do a lot of running.
  • "It also has a ribbon."
  • " I hoped today would be a good day. Hope is a dangerous thing."
  • "Even their rats are bigger than ours."
  • The cinematography was gorgeous.  I really liked the falling of the cherry blossoms.
  • Oh, that's where I've seen Blake before:  Game of Thrones!  
  • That singer's voice was beautiful.  No wonder they were all listening attentively.
This movie was very well done, and deserving of the accolades it's received thus far.  I like that director Mendes is honoring his grandfather's stories in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment