Sunday, March 10, 2019

We Choose To Go to the Moon

Today I watched the documentary "Apollo 11", which includes footage of the moon mission not seen before.  

  • Oh, I didn't know they had this in IMAX on some screens.  I would have really liked to see it in that format.
  • The restored footage is beautiful anyway, and well worth seeing it on whatever big screen is available.  It's probably better to see it on the big screen than on a smaller one not just because of the amazing picture, but also because there is small text on the screen during the film.
  • This made me want to see "First Man" again.  And "The Right Stuff".  And "Gravity".  And every other astronaut movie ever made.  I don't think I have time for all of that, though.
  • I love that I know how it ends up and I still got tense, and I cried with happiness for them. 
  • The music helped with all of that emotion I felt.  Great job by Matt Morton.
  • I need to learn more about space stuff, because I didn't know that they still had to go into orbit around Earth before going to the moon, and vice versa.
  • I thought to myself from the beginning of the film, "Wow.  This is REAL."  I can only imagine what the conspiracy theorists must think if they see the clarity of this footage: they probably think that the moon landing was even more of a staged hoax than they did before.  It's like current movie quality.
  • I'm glad they ended with JFK's speech.  That visionary speech is quite inspiring for me, and well worth a listen if you haven't done so in a while.
OK, I need to go and add some movies to my DVR queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment