Saturday, March 2, 2019

Not Just An Insignificant Girl

I needed to go to the mall today, so I decided to take in a movie while I was there, and saw "Alita: Battle Angel" in IMAX 3D.


  • Love the 26th Century Fox logo!
  • Alita's look is stunning.  I didn't like the other cyborgs, though, because they don't have her cool anime eyes.
  • The shots looking down from the top of the church made me a little dizzy, what with my fear of heights and all.
  • "F&*k your mercy."
  • "He isn't a dog lover.  I hate that."
  • The metal dogs were cool.  Not cuddly, though.
  • That motor unicycle thing:  do you call it a uke, like a motorbike is sometimes called a bike?  A unik?  That sounds bad.
  • I liked when Mahershala's character's eyes turned violet, even though it was because Nova was talking through him.
  • Poor Shirin, just when I was starting to like her.
  • "That was pretty intense, huh?  Sorry."
  • I would like some Martian nanotech, please.  I don't think I want it to take over my entire body, but that stuff is cool.  Maybe I just want to be able to balance myself on one finger.
  • I also want the long coat, so I can use it in bar fights.
That was interesting, and I liked the visual effects.  I thought it was just OK as a story, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment