Monday, February 1, 2021

Armor of Gold

 This pandemic has kept us away from doing so many things, and one of those things has been going to a movie theater.  Thank goodness for HBO Max airing "Wonder Woman 1984" so I could at least watch it at home.  It had been postponed multiple times for multiple reasons.  This is one of the films that I really, really wanted to see on a huge screen, going to a theater wearing my WW denim jacket and other symbols of my fandom, so I've been hesitant to write about it.

  • Yay!  More footage of young Diana!
  • I knew when she took that shortcut that it would turn into a lesson.  I was wondering how they would keep track of the different stages of the race, and I really liked the different poofs of color.
  • I think that I had been in Diana's shoes...first of all, I'd fall down but I'd be wearing FABULOUS shoes...I probably would have made the same wish.  They're so happy when they're together!
  • I would have liked to see more of Steve freaking out about all of the '80s stuff.  I mean, this was when I was in high school and it was a formative time of my life.  Ah, the crazy 80s.  Diana's hair needed to be taller.  :)
  • I loved the dress that she wore to the gala, and that's the Funko Pop version of her that I chose to purchase.
  • I was a bit irritated by Kristen Wiig's character.  I'm not familiar with the comic version of Cheetah, so I don't know if she was that obsessed with Diana, and I get that she just wanted to be *like* Diana, but ugh.  I guess I'm over the whole "insecure woman gets revenge on the confident woman" plot.
  • Whoa.  She's using lightning to travel through the sky.
  • The invisible jet!!!  Love it.
  • I was confused by Max Lord's wish: maybe I wasn't focusing on whatever he was saying?  Maybe I kept thinking of Star Wars because it was Pedro Pascal.  I don't know.
  • "Does, does everybody parachute now?"
  • That final cameo!  YAY!!!
I'm still hoping to see this on the big screen someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment