Wednesday, June 26, 2019

We Will Be His

I saw "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" on opening night with a couple of other friends that, like me, did not get to go to Batuu.  I'm not bitter; I just felt like a loser.  :)  We saw the film in IMAX, and I intended to go again to see it in Dolby, but there has just been too much going on, and I'm just now trying to catch up with everything.  I didn't watch as many Godzilla movies as my friends did growing up, but I do know that I like Godzilla movies. 


  • I liked hearing the cheering from one of the people in the audience, who kept clapping whenever one of the monsters was shown.  
  • Since I don't know much about Godzilla movies, I didn't know what the other monsters powers would be, and I liked seeing the different reveals to the humans.
  • You see, people really shouldn't mess with what nature already put away...or aliens put away.  
  • Speaking of which, I caught some of the references to "Jurassic Park" in there.
  • I also saw similarity to "Game of Thrones" with the wings and the people running from fire.  Did GoT steal from the old monster movies?  Also, someone from GoT is actually in this movie.
  • Vera Farmiga always does a great job with complicated characters.  I never know if I should like her or dislike her in a film because she makes a good case for both good and bad in everyone she plays.
  • I totally wanted someone to say "Hail Hydra" at the end.
  • Totally love that the monsters are listed as themselves in the credits!
  • "I read it in a fortune cookie once.  A really long fortune cookie."
  • Um, a Godzilla movie made me cry.
That was fun!  I'm looking forward to Gojira's face-off with Kong!

No comments:

Post a Comment