Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Take The World

I'm so behind on my blogging that I forgot that I saw another movie before "Godzilla: King of the Monsters."  That movie was "Brightburn", because, after celebrating a friend's milestone birthday with a fancy tea, why not go to the movies to see a horror flick?  


  • I like the reference to Superman's red cape.
  • Note to self:  if it looks like something in glass is going to blow up, DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT lest you get a shard in your iris.
  • Yeah, a bit gorier than I like to see in my hero movies...even if this is a villain.  He's not an anti-hero, right? That's more like Deadpool or the Suicide Squad, right?
  • I think I need to symbol out of the initials from my name.  I wouldn't use it to show that I was the one that killed a person, but maybe in more happy moments.
  • It's really too bad that she wasn't able to kill him with a piece of the ship.
  • So he didn't kill the girl that he liked.  I wonder if she would eventually be his assassin?  Somebody needs to tell her about that ship.
  • The credits allude to antiheroes in the DC Universe, such as Aquaman and Wonder Woman.  Although I don't need to see this film again, I would be interested in seeing what they would do with those.
Interesting concept.  If it was shown in a style that wasn't so much like a horror movie, I would probably see it again.  It's not that I wasn't expecting horror, it's because I don't usually see those movies more than once because they're scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment