Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Free Day in Farmingdale

 Rockapella in NY
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Relaxation Day



On Saturday morning, Bro and I woke up in time for hotel breakfast, and I had some French toast.

Bro's sandwich can be seen at top

We were content with staying in the hotel for the day and just chilling.  I wanted to walk to Wal Mart, because I had ordered some photo prints from the previous night to use as Christmas cards for the guys.  Bro walked with me, and this time we didn't get lost trying to get out of the huge parking lot like we had done so the day before.  (I forgot to write that we went to Wal Mart to stock up on snacks after the breakfast at Starbucks, and thought that there should be an opening in the wall between that parking lot and our hotel, which was just across the way.)  

I was hoping that Bro would be able to watch planes land at the nearby airport from our hotel window, but there wasn't much activity over there.  Oh, well, he had some Emoji Blitz to play.

For dinner, we ate at Houlihan's, which was in that same parking lot next door.  We didn't really want to walk very far because it was really cold outside.  I do not remember what Bro ordered for his cocktail (maybe it was a seasonal drink?), but I ordered a Mango Rita.

Cheers!

Dinner itself was OK.  I ordered dessert, and it was yummy, though.  
Here is the description:
SALTED CARAMEL GOOEY BUTTER CAKE: St. Louis’ signature dessert, Houlihan’s style-finished with Ghirardelli salted caramel sauce, powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream.  


Yes, it was gooooooood!

We walked back to the hotel, and were in time to watch the TV show that CSL4 had to miss because he was performing:

Scotcherbreadman's Favorite



We had thought of maybe going in to Manahattan to either hang out or see a show, but the news warned us about Santa Con taking place that day, and our New Yorker friends advised us to stay away from the drunken madness. I'm glad we took their advice, because it really was a nice, restful day.

Next up:  Rockapella on Long Island

No comments:

Post a Comment