Tuesday, March 6, 2018

LEAVE!

The last movie shown during AMC's Best Picture Showcase was "Get Out".  I had seen this on HBO, but not on the big screen, and I was happy to see it again.

  • "I would have voted for Obama a third time if I could."
  • Bradley Whitford has been in three of the films nominated for Best Picture this year.  He's a good luck charm, too!
  • I don't think I ever want to go to a white family's bingo game after seeing this film.
  • "SEX SLAVE!!!"
  • I love Rod.  He knows what's going on and handles it.  Because he's TSA.
  • "You know I can't give you the keys, right babe?"
  • From now on, I might be offering ear plugs (or cotton) whenever I serve tea.
  • How fitting that the dad gets killed by a deer's antlers.
  • Wait.  That's her grandma?!?!?
  • "I mean, I told you not to go in that house."
I really enjoyed this movie.  I also enjoyed watching with Linda, whom was seeing it for the first time, because I enjoyed her reactions.

Congratulations to Jordan Peele for winning the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, the first African-American to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment