Monday, July 17, 2017

Apes Together Strong

AAAAAAAAPES!  Yup, it's that time again!  Linda and I saw "War for the Planet of the Apes" on Saturday because you know I'm not going to miss opening weekend for this.


  • Love the music during the 20th Century Fox logo, because it was drums.  Apes don't have fancy brass instruments, you know.
  • Cornelius!
  • War and death in Planet of the Apes movies make me cry at least three times.  Lots and lots of tears streaming down my cheeks.
  • Steve Zahn as Bad Ape was hilarious, and welcome comic relief from all of the tears and tension.
  • Andy Serkis is a genius performer. If you haven't seen the video that he shared on Colbert's show of the transformation from his face to Caesar's, you need to do so.  There's some funny Gollum stuff going on in the video, too.  Enjoy!
  • What is up with that whole scene of the Colonel shaving his head in front of everyone?
  • Why is it that tyrants always want to build a wall?  
  • Why is it that I can't get enough of watching apes ride horses?
  • So when they named "Winter", was that Ape-Racist?  I don't know if that's OK.
  • So, is this the last one?  Because I need to see how we end up with Cornelius having to deal with Charleton Heston's histrionics.  I guess we humans die by avalanche, or maybe by killing each other over how to treat the apes.  And what happens to Nova?  Oh, wait.  Per IMDB, a fourth movie is planned. YAY!
I love these movies, and this installment did not disappoint me in the least.  Loved it.
  • I also love the official GIFs, so I need to share them here.


via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY

via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment