Thursday, November 14, 2013

Solomon The Wise

I realized that I had a free movie pass, so I went to the movie theater to see "12 Years A Slave". 


  • I knew going in that the movie would make me emotional.  Yeah, I cried a lot, but my sniffles were not the only ones that I heard in the theater, even during the ending credits.
  • Broke my heart to see the violin broken.
  • I forgot who was in the cast, then was proud of myself when I knew I was seeing Brad Pitt just because of his hair, and it was under a hat!
  • I didn't know that as Michael Fassbender until I saw the credits.  He did a great job of making me dislike him.
  • Chiwetel Ejiofor is outstanding.  He didn't need words to express the emotions that I thought he was feeling, just his facial expressions, and they were subtle.
  • Cumberbatch!  I'm starting to crush on him.
  • Sarah Paulson has often portrayed characters that make me cringe because they are not nice people.  This was no exception.
  • Why is it that Paul Dano always plays people that I want to punch in the face?  
  • Oh, Patsey, I'd want to die, too.  Great job by Lupita Ngony'o.
  • So I'm all mad at racists again.  Not that I ever got over that, but I'm mad again.  
Great movie.  Be prepared to feel too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment