Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hamlet 2: The Jesus Boogaloo

I saw "Hamlet 2" last night with several friends. We had all been looking forward to seeing this movie since the trailers first started to pop up this Spring, and were fortunate enough to be able to see it together.

If you don't already know, my sense of humor can be quite demented at times, so pardon me if you're already offended by the fact that I *wanted* to see this movie ... but then, if you couldn't figure all of that out by my other movie mentions, then I don't know how else to help you any further. ;)

On with the comments:
  • I'm glad Steve Coogan's character wasn't blown to smithereens at any time during the movie, at least not literally. Emotionally, maybe, but that's what made him all the more hilariously pitiful.
  • Loved the fact that the drama class was such an unimportant subject in the school's curriculum that they had to share the space with the snack bar in the Snackitorium.
  • Couldn't he at least wear boxers underneath that caftan?
  • Was the critic kid the son of the critic from the New York Times that showed up at the end? Because they looked like each other a little bit with the sunken eyes.
  • Hmmm... that critic kid actually reminded me of Goob from "Meet the Robinsons," come to think of it.
  • One of these days, I'm going to go see a gay men's chorus perform live. I'd been meaning to do it since a long time ago, but this movie has made me remember that goal.
  • If you can't roller skate, then why don't you just walk to work everyday? Or get a bike or something? Maybe he should have made a deal that he be paid in bicycle money, and not gas money. And what made him think that he could skate while inebriated when he can't even skate when sober?
  • Why didn't Elizabeth Shue ever have any other clothes when she was in Tucson? Was there no money in the wardrobe budget?
  • "That's the crane!"
  • Prickly Pear. Heh.
  • At the cat: "What the f*** is your PROBLEM?!"
  • Nice dot matrix printer with the perforated paper. What is this? The 1940's?
  • That's the biggest frickin' margarita glass that I've ever seen.
  • David Arquette got 3rd billing for THAT?!
  • Poor Yolanda.
  • "I'll show you what I want, Vato."
  • "Do whatever you want to me. I'm married to a Jew, so I've got NOTHING to lose!"
  • ROCK ME, SEXY JESUS!!! I want the soundtrack. Yes, I do. So I can sing along with the sheet music in the link. YAY!
  • I'm going to go hell for enjoying this movie.

Thanks, everyone, for the great time, even though our waitress afterward wasn't that good. Special shout-out to Cindy for my new Gloomy Bear, House Painter Hippo, and Donna Summer Hippo! I needed the cheering up, and you came through with flying colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment