- We were really glad that we didn't see this movie in 3D. I'm OK with snakes, and I deliberately didn't watch a couple of parts in regular D.
- I want Hermione's bag. It's like Mary Poppins' carpet bag. Or a clown car, except it's not a car, and I didn't see any clowns.
- People have been raving about Hermione's red dress. I shall join them in my rave. It's gorgeous, and I want it. It was custom-made, though.
- Having read the books, I'm trying to refrain from naming all of the 7 horcruxes for those that don't know. But then I can't remember if the movies are going to show all of them, since I thought I had read that they weren't going to show all of them. I'm all confused.
- That polyjuice potion is some fun stuff. I'm thinking that if I could make some of that for myself, I'd probably abuse it to satisfy my curiosity. Note to self: beware of people who don't talk when you try to converse with them. They might have taken some polyjuice potion and don't want you to hear their real voice.
- I liked hearing the fans in the audience whisper with affection, "DOBBY!"
- Harry and Hermione have great chemistry. It's no wonder that Ron was jealous.
- "Keep saying that thing with the ball of light. She'll come around."
- "I'm always mad at him."
- I really liked the animation while Hermione told the story of the Deathly Hallows.
- I like the end of the credits where it shows the Deathly Hallows symbol and the Elder Wand.
I am eagerly awaiting Part 2 of this movie, albeit with a bit of hesitancy. I wept when I finished the HP series, partly from the story, and partly because such a great series was over. I know that the next movie, being the last, will give me the same fulfilled yet empty feeling.
If you haven't seen the other movies, I recommend that you see them before this one. The series really does build on the prior books anyway, but this one, more than the others, relies on you knowing a couple of things that have happened in prior installments.
One of my friends will be doing a marathon prior to the viewing of the last film. I'm seriously thinking of doing the same.